4 oz goat cheese, soft
2 Tablespoons chives, minced
zest from 1/2 lemon
4-5 strips of prosciutto
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
Handful of sunflower seeds for garnish
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice persimmons 1/8 of an inch from the bottom up to make circles. Then cut a slice from the edge to the middle (i.e the radius of the circle). Do not cut the circle in half. Fold the persimmon so that it makes a cone shape. Use a tooth pick to hold the cone in place.
- Let the goat cheese sit out for a bit so that it is soft. Mix the chives and lemon zest with the softened goat cheese.
- Cut the prosciutto into about 1 inch strips. Fold each piece inside the persimmon cone. Top with small ball of goat cheese (nickle size).
- Garnish with about 2 sunflower seeds for each cone.
- Arrange cones on your serving tray.
- Heat balsamic and brown sugar over medium high heat to a simmer. Let balsamic simmer for about 10 minutes or until it coats the back of a spoon. Stir frequently so as not to scorch.
- With a small spoon drizzle on top of persimmon cones.