2 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
1/2 white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
4 zuchinni squash, washed and julienned (you may also grate with your cheese grater)
6 farm fresh eggs
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup fresh organic basil, chiffonade. More for garnish
1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Heat 1 TB olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until the onion starts to become translucent, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add zuchini and saute with onion until soft but not mushy, stirring often, approx 7 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, beat eggs, goat cheese, basil and salt together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add cooked veggies to egg mixture and stir until well coated.
- Heat remaining olive oil in skillet and add veggies and egg.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Gently scrape around the edges of the tortilla with a spatula to make sure it isn't sticking. As the egg cooks it will become more solid. You can also gently shake the pan back and forth to insure the eggs do not stick. If the tortilla doesn't move a whole entity when you shake the pan, you may need to gently slide the spatula under the middle to loosen the tortilla.
- When the tortilla moves as one and the egg appears about 2/3 done (with some moisture remaining on the top), it is time to flip it, about 5-7 minutes. Use a large plate and place over the top of the skillet. Gently flip the tortilla onto the plate. The top should be golden in color. Using the spatula, gently scrape the tortilla back into the pan to cook the other side, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip cooked tortilla onto serving plate, garnish with more basil and serve.
- Goes great with a tomato salad.