4 cups of fresh spinach (packed)
Tops from 1 bunch of carrots, the leaves stripped from the stems
Leaves from one bunch of radishes (discard funky looking ones)
1 cup cilantro, stems included, chopped
1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
4 celery leaves
1 TB olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
1/4 white onion, thinly sliced
1 cup whole milk yogurt (organic of course)
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, depending on taste
1 lb Jerusalem artichoke flour or spinach pasta
juice from one lemon
1/2 cup pine nuts
crumbled feta or soft goat cheese
lemon, sliced or wedges for garnish
- Sort through greens and get rid of any funky looking ones. Wash and coarsely chop all greens.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a wide nonstick skillet. Add garlic, chile and onion and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent. next, add greens with water clinging to their leaves. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne and cook until wilted, turning with tongs, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add yogurt and greens to blender and puree.
- Return mixture to skillet and heat over low heat (careful not to curdle the yogurt with too high heat).
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, toast pine nuts in a small skillet, over medium low heat until golden.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss. Adjust seasonings and lemon as needed.
- Top with cheese, pine nuts and a lemon slice. *I used feta the first time I made this, but think creamy soft goat cheese would be delicious as well.